drumazon midi note play (solved)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
usrfobiwan

drumazon midi note play (solved)

Post by usrfobiwan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:03 pm

I must be overlooking something here or it is a bug because I can not figure it out, trying for hours...

This is what I am used to do with my original 909:
Setup 909 to receive midi notes on midi channel 10 (or whatever midi channel)

Play notes on midi keyboard (for example C1) for the Bass and D1 for Snare, you hear Bass and snare coming from 909. (no pattern)
Record the played notes to a midi track.
Play midi track and 909 plays the recorded notes accordingly.

Previous versions of Drumazon:
This was also working with the previous versions of Drumazon. Switch Internal Seq switch off, play some notes on keyboard or play a midi drum pattern and instant beat.

Latest Drumazon:
I have tried anything I could think of to make the above work. Turn off all Seq settings, only int Seq, only int Seq and Host mode, only int Seq and int Sync. Try different outputs, different octaves. tried individual outputs. But it plays paterns.

I got it somehow working with np patters at all and int SEQ and Host mode on. But it terrible because it wont play alll the notes and it plays everything wrong.

Add midi track to Drumazon, choose C1 bass notes. Drumazon plays the snare drum? or nothing at all.

Switched back to Drumazon 1.03 and presto. instant play like it supposed to work...

Figured it out finaly:

Downloaded the drummap and put all seq. settings to off! Now its working like it suppose to work.

Now all i need is a drummap for Nepheton also to make that one work since the general_midi.drdrmap does not load into Nepheton (figures)
I renamed general_midi.drdrmap to general_midi.npdrmap and now Nepheton also works for bd and snare

Why did D16 not put in a working default map that works in the first place, it would have saved me hours of frustration. And do not tell me there is nothing wrong, because all previous version of both Drumazon and Nepheton worked out of the box with the right mappings.
Mascletas: "The most accurate simulation of thunder, humans can simulate..."

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:40 am

Hi,

I'm sorry, Drumazon midi map was our overlook. If You set the default resources (drum map) to the general midi map we provided in addons, it'll be loaded everytime You insert the plug-in (see manual, configuration chapter).

You don't need to load this map to Nepheton, because this plug-in has a correct default map (exactly the same as previous version).

Best regards,
Sebastian

Puranon

Re: drumazon midi note play (solved)

Post by Puranon » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:47 pm

usrfobiwan wrote:I must be overlooking something here or it is a bug because I can not figure it out, trying for hours...

This is what I am used to do with my original 909:
Setup 909 to receive midi notes on midi channel 10 (or whatever midi channel)

Play notes on midi keyboard (for example C1) for the Bass and D1 for Snare, you hear Bass and snare coming from 909. (no pattern)
Record the played notes to a midi track.
Play midi track and 909 plays the recorded notes accordingly.

Previous versions of Drumazon:
This was also working with the previous versions of Drumazon. Switch Internal Seq switch off, play some notes on keyboard or play a midi drum pattern and instant beat.

Latest Drumazon:
I have tried anything I could think of to make the above work. Turn off all Seq settings, only int Seq, only int Seq and Host mode, only int Seq and int Sync. Try different outputs, different octaves. tried individual outputs. But it plays paterns.

I got it somehow working with np patters at all and int SEQ and Host mode on. But it terrible because it wont play alll the notes and it plays everything wrong.

Add midi track to Drumazon, choose C1 bass notes. Drumazon plays the snare drum? or nothing at all.

Switched back to Drumazon 1.03 and presto. instant play like it supposed to work...

Figured it out finaly:

Downloaded the drummap and put all seq. settings to off! Now its working like it suppose to work.

Now all i need is a drummap for Nepheton also to make that one work since the general_midi.drdrmap does not load into Nepheton (figures)
I renamed general_midi.drdrmap to general_midi.npdrmap and now Nepheton also works for bd and snare

Why did D16 not put in a working default map that works in the first place, it would have saved me hours of frustration. And do not tell me there is nothing wrong, because all previous version of both Drumazon and Nepheton worked out of the box with the right mappings.
Does your original 909 respond to MIDI velocity? What about accent?