Drumazon AU Beta 3 not working with Logic 8.0.2

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
pimpdaddynash

Drumazon AU Beta 3 not working with Logic 8.0.2

Post by pimpdaddynash » Tue May 26, 2009 5:37 pm

It passes AU validation okay, but when the plugin in instantiated, I get a loud 'pop' in the speakers and the meters go fully red (+6) and all audio stops (!)

Bypassing Drumazon stops this immediately.

fyi: Nephepton Beta 3 works fine, although won't load AU presets from Beta 2...

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks -
(<pdn>)

gazt

Post by gazt » Tue May 26, 2009 8:30 pm

yepp...have the same experience, but I have logic 8.00

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:25 am

Hi,
It passes AU validation okay, but when the plugin in instantiated, I get a loud 'pop' in the speakers and the meters go fully red (+6) and all audio stops (!)
Yes, it's confirmed. We're tracing this bug. It happens on some particular computer configurations. Despite the fact the GUI and functionality hasn't changed a lot since last beta release, Drumazon's interior and GUI engine is rebuilt completely, and such issues may occur.
fyi: Nephepton Beta 3 works fine, although won't load AU presets from Beta 2...
The official release of updated Nepheton (and it regards to VST and AU) should import presets and patterns from older version, but this only applies to files saved via Nepheton. Projects made with old version of plug-in may not be loaded properly with new version. If the issue You mentioned about appears when You try to load the presets and patterns via Nepheton's options, this will be noted as a bug.

Best regards,
Sebastian

pimpdaddynash

Post by pimpdaddynash » Wed May 27, 2009 7:01 pm

I was saving the presets within Logic, not in Nepheton itself...

I think because the old Beta (2) showed up as "Nepheton(2)" in the AU list and the newest Beta 3 just shows up as "Nepheton" might have something to do with it... It was only a few presets, so they're easy to reproduce...

fyi- I've just reverted back to Beta version 2 of Drumazon until a fix is made. Easily done.

Great job again, guys - can't wait for multi outputs...!

(<pdn>)

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:39 am

The next revision (R4) of Drumazon AU beta has been uploaded to User Area (add-ons) tab. The "loud 'pop' in the speakers and the meters go fully red (+6)" issue has been fixed :)

Best regards,
Sebastian