FL Studio, Piano Roll

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Excessive

FL Studio, Piano Roll

Post by Excessive » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi there, I want to create Patterns by FL Piano Roll and Drumazon has to act as a synth and not as a sequenzer. But how can I do that?
The second problem: if I create a pattern in Drumazon I can´t control
the Output in FL. So how can I control that?

Edit: I found out how to do this in Piano Roll but I cant use other notes, only one and I cant play 2 note on one place. I also want to pitch the sound in fruity but it does not work to. But it sounds great :D

WTF, an another problem: Drumazon cant save the settings I did.
When I open the project again, Drumazon is in Pattern mode and does what it want -.-

Its a plugin I cant control but there is no better 909 Sound, thats frustrating.
Hardcore 4 Life ^^

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:56 am

Hi,

Do You use demo version?

For me it seems You use demo version of Drumazon, because those are exact limitations of the demo:

- Loading internal patterns disabled (patterns won't be recalled after loading project into the host)
- Works only in SEQ internal mode (You won't be able to edit patterns in piano roll)

Best regards,
Sebastian

Excessive

Post by Excessive » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:22 pm

I have the full Version and it works in Piano Roll - but not very good.
Its just unflexible. So how can I control these modes?
There are just manuals for Cubase etc. or maybe FL Studio is not supportet well.
Hardcore 4 Life ^^

Sebastian@d16

Re: FL Studio, Piano Roll

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi,
Excessive wrote:Hi there, I want to create Patterns by FL Piano Roll and Drumazon has to act as a synth and not as a sequenzer. But how can I do that?
Insert it to FL and turn off INT.SEQ, the key mapping is exactly the same as in original 909, which is mostly compatible with GM drum mapping standard. In FL drum mapping begins fro Drumazon from C3 key:

It's the whole drum map for Drumazon:

> Instrument and corresponding midi note code(s):
> BD 35,36
> SD 38,40
> LT 41,43
> MT 45,47
> HT 48,50
> RS 37
> HC 39
> CH 42,44
> OH 46
> CR 49
> RD 51
Excessive wrote: The second problem: if I create a pattern in Drumazon I can´t control
the Output in FL. So how can I control that?
if You mean midi output, there's no way to transfer the pattern from int seq to piano roll atm, that's why in the next update will include midi out to Drumazon, and after then midi clip export from Drumazon to host application as a drag'n'drop behavior.
Excessive wrote: Edit: I found out how to do this in Piano Roll but I cant use other notes, only one and I cant play 2 note on one place. I also want to pitch the sound in fruity but it does not work to. But it sounds great :D
You can't control this by changing notes from host application, it's exactly how 909 behaves, if You need to change the pitch for instruments, just use their controls on GUI, or if You need to change them in time, You should automate them via midiCC.
Excessive wrote: WTF, an another problem: Drumazon cant save the settings I did.
When I open the project again, Drumazon is in Pattern mode and does what it want -.-
What settings do You mean, which settings? instrument preset or internal patterns. I'm trying with the latest FL8 to save project and it recalls everything - both of them; patterns and instruments.
Excessive wrote: Its a plugin I cant control but there is no better 909 Sound, thats frustrating.
Please send me Your FL project and I'll investigate it more - project with Drumazon only and short explanation what effect do You try to achieve?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:45 pm

Excessive wrote:I have the full Version and it works in Piano Roll - but not very good.
Its just unflexible. So how can I control these modes?
There are just manuals for Cubase etc. or maybe FL Studio is not supportet well.
There's an online manual: http://www.d16.pl/index.php?menu=154

and there's downloadable version: http://www.d16.pl/pub/Manuals/Drumazon-manual.pdf

Cheers,
Sebastian

Excessive

Post by Excessive » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Many thanks for your help :) I will try it again :D
Hardcore 4 Life ^^

Excessive

Post by Excessive » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:
Please send me Your FL project and I'll investigate it more - project with Drumazon only and short explanation what effect do You try to achieve?
http://rapidshare.com/files/168928580/E ... 2.flp.html

Here is a simple project I started with Drumazon, its a Hardcore Bassline :D
Maybe I´m doing something wrong but I can create only one monotone Bassline without any layering and so on.
And everytime I restart - the settings were sent back to basic and I have to tweak the Kick parameters again -.-
Im usually working with FL7 but this Project is in FL8 but its the same problem.
Hardcore 4 Life ^^

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi,

I'm going to send You my prepared FL project file via email at address You have in profile.

Best regards,
Sebastian

rich2681

Post by rich2681 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:04 am

I have FL studio 10 and Drumazon verion 1.4.0 I can not use the piano roll in Fl studio, do i have to load a drum map or do I have to program is somehow? its just not working. I turn the Int Seq off but then all the piano keys in FL studio go blank? and I cant seem to get the piano toll to control drumazon? what am i doing wrong?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:18 am

Hi,

Do you use full or demo version? if you use full version please download the latest 32bit update.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Nowhk

Post by Nowhk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote: > Instrument and corresponding midi note code(s):
> BD 35,36
> SD 38,40
> LT 41,43
> MT 45,47
> HT 48,50
> RS 37
> HC 39
> CH 42,44
> OH 46
> CR 49
> RD 51
I'm remapping my own Drum Map (setting instruments in order of my keyboard, starting from C5):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<DrumMap application="Drumazon" ver="1.1" name="Default 909">
<assign midiKey="60" instrument="BD"/>
<assign midiKey="61" instrument="BD"/>
<assign midiKey="62" instrument="SD"/>
<assign midiKey="63" instrument="SD"/>
<assign midiKey="64" instrument="LT"/>
<assign midiKey="65" instrument="LT"/>
<assign midiKey="66" instrument="MT"/>
<assign midiKey="67" instrument="MT"/>
<assign midiKey="68" instrument="HT"/>
<assign midiKey="69" instrument="HT"/>
<assign midiKey="70" instrument="RS"/>
<assign midiKey="71" instrument="HC"/>
<assign midiKey="72" instrument="CH"/>
<assign midiKey="73" instrument="CH"/>
<assign midiKey="74" instrument="OH"/>
<assign midiKey="75" instrument="CR"/>
<assign midiKey="76" instrument="RD"/>
</DrumMap>

Is there a reason about Closed Hi Hat have two notes in the map? In fact there isn't 2 dedicated steps inside Drumazon, only one. Is there a sort of "hidden" feature or just a coincidence?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:15 am

Hi,

We just though allowing MIDI map to assign few notes to one instrument can be useful sometimes. Eg. when you want to do drum rolls by hand to have SD assigned to two different keys :)

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Nowhk

Post by Nowhk » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:36 pm

So they are not related to Accented/On instrument? Because if I use steps on Snare Drum inside Drumazon, I can get Accented with the first step, On with second one.
Since Accented is not related only to the volume, is this possible achieve the same Accented character via MIDI?

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi.

Duplicated instruments in MIDI map are not related to Accented/Not accented buttons at Drumazon GUI.
For exact sound of Accented/Not accented instruments use velocity values: 48 - normal step (37% in Fruity), 96 - accented step (75% in Fruity)

Regards,
Jacek
Plugins sound master

Nowhk

Post by Nowhk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Thank you for the huge informations ;)