Drumazon - any sound improvements in the works?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Shy

Drumazon - any sound improvements in the works?

Post by Shy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:27 am

Even though Drumazon is by far the closest to the real thing, after using a TR-909 for a while, I notice more and more how much improvement Drumazon could use. Other than accuracy of the sounds themselves, I'd like an emulation of the overdrive distortion you can get from a TR-909, which is just as important as the core sounds.

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:39 pm

I hope we get some improvement soon with a version update. I know D16 is very bussy with the other plugs and support for that. But if you guys manage to find some time...

its almost chrismas you know! ;)

needed/wished improvements from user feedback

Snare (see: http://www.d16.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1001 )
Clap (sounds a little weak, don't know how else to explain it)
Clock inaccuracy switch (see: http://www.d16.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=835 )
Mascletas: "The most accurate simulation of thunder, humans can simulate..."

Shy

Post by Shy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Even a "NO!" would be fine.. :)

Niel909

Post by Niel909 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:48 am

I have another one, it's the same problem as with the snaredrum, but the bassdrum has it always at all velocity values.

When you distort the bassdrum and play with the decay knob, the sound gets cut of hard at the end with shorter values. If you want to use heavy overdriven kicks you can not use them straight out of the drumazon, but only by rendering the kicks and then edit them in a soundediting program like soundforge to give it a smoother fade out at the end.

A bit more deacy-tail would be nice (as wel as for the snaredrum!)

Jacek@d16

Post by Jacek@d16 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:20 am

It's already implemented in AU beta, so next update of Drumazon will fix it also in VST. It wasn't problem at all to change the threshold value, but now You should know that CPU usage can be little bit greater - it's because Drumazon calcutates now every instrument longer.
Plugins sound master

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:50 pm

looking forward to the DR update :). It already sounded great but the clap and the snare indeed somehow sounded somewhat milky compared to a real one. But I didn't know if that was due to post processing or not (I don't know the original tr909 by heart like that cause i never owned one)
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

Signifier

Post by Signifier » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Can you also fix it so that the preferences menu of Drumazon is like the one in Nepheton, and allows you to assign start-up prefs, such 'sync to host' and individual kit piece output channels?

Thanks!

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:57 am

Hi,

Everything will be unified after releasing updates. In a manner of Nepheton.

Best regards,
Sebastian