hm...more problems?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
vincewatson

hm...more problems?

Post by vincewatson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 pm

So....after sorting out a few issues regarding CPU usage, i setoff last week for my first gig using LuSH101 on stage.

Ive setup an SH201 synth using USB as my Midi controller, as its perfect for LuSH101 due to Roland layout etc..

All seemed to be working fine....until after around 20mins.

Originally, I had a demo version with a time limit on functionality, so after testing it out and deciding this was a good enough softsynth to replace my 101 on stage with, I bought it.

While on stage at Berghain in Berlin last week, after 20mins LuSH101 simply stopped responding to any midi controls from the SH201...I couldn't use it after that, and in truth took a lot of parts out of my set due to the gaps where there should have been live improvisation of the synth.

LuSH101 still works and sounds fine if you use a mouse....but it simply stops working via USB after a while...

Very frustrating...and im left feeling a little disappointed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Im hoping Sebastian can be as helpful as he has been so far...

Any advice would be most welcome..

Cheers
Vince

Sebastian@d16

Re: hm...more problems?

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 am

Hi Vince,

Are you sure that LuSH-101 was source of this issue on stage? What about other virtual instruments or effects that you were controlling by the SH-201 or you had only LuSH-101 controlled by Roland SH-201?. It looks to me totally like the USB port came into suspend mode after 20 minutes, you should check out the power management settings in your laptop/computer. Btw. could you tell me more about the computer setup you use? Laptop model / Computer model, OS + version, Host + version. Do you use 64bit os (if it's windows), do you run host in 64bit mode?

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:33 am

To be sure try to use Roland SH-201 as controller with other company's virtual synth and use its MIDI learn capabilities to assign some of the 201's knobs to its sound parameters. If it works, leave for 20 minutes or so, and then try to tweak the knob on 201.

Cheers,
Sebastian

vincewatson

Post by vincewatson » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:16 am

Hi,

Ive been using the 201 to control Omnisphere in the studio for over a year and never noticed any issues before.
These are the only 2 soft synths I use, other than Ivory but that doesnt get tweaked.

I have my mac setup on power and battery to max. I always use the power on stage.

Setup :
Macbook Pro 17" Unibody 2.5 i7, 8gb Ram.
Ableton 7 for stage, Ableton 8 for studio.
LuSH101 1.0.1
OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

Im going to try and set this up with my Supernova Keyboard instead and see if it stops working with that...

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:54 am

Hi,

Please do, check LuSH-101 with Supernova. This is very unlikely such an issue could be caused by a bug in our plug-in, because plug-in doesn't simply "forget" the MIDI assignment when you leave it for few minutes.

Thank you and kind regards,
Sebastian

vincewatson

Post by vincewatson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 pm

OK I will run a test tonight and report back.....meantime, here is another problem for sure this time..

I cant scroll as the menu chops off

Vince
Attachments
Screen shot 2013-02-20 at 15.30.13.jpg
Screen shot 2013-02-20 at 15.30.13.jpg (129.09 KiB) Viewed 27889 times

Laurent Bergman

Post by Laurent Bergman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi,
Do you have try with VST and Audio-Unit plug-in to see if you have the same issue ?

PowerMac G5 2 x 2,5 Ghz/4,5 G°-Logic pro 7 & 8
Macpro 8 x 2,4 Westmere/8 G°/SSL Madi AX/Logic Pro 9.1.8 and Logic X 10.0.4

vincewatson

Post by vincewatson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Of course...im using Omnisphere and Ivory with no issues.

The only way I can attach parameters is to use the ones lower down...

Its not too much of an issue but thought you should know about it so you can fix it ;)

I can also give you another bug....3 out of 10 times I load that box onto the screen there is no X button in the corner to get rid of it....I have to totally boot up a new instance of the plugin to use it...

Thats annoying...as sometimes you havnt saved your maps..

vincewatson

Post by vincewatson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 pm

hi sorry i misunderstood the question, im using VST...I dont think ive got the Audio Units installed on this mac

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 am

Hi guys,

@Laurent: The issue Vince posted about is not related to the version of LuSH (AU or VST), this happens only when you hide GUI keyboard.

When you hide keyboard, there's less vertical space for menus (Options window is bit smaller), and because of fact that menus having same positioning despite if keyboard is displayed or not, when keyboard is hidden, some submenus with more items are cut off by the plug-in window's frame. It is obviously a bug and will be removed within next update --- we're going to make auto adaptive menu positioning for different window heights (it's necessary since we do plan to include skinning option).

@Vince: can you confirm this happens only when you hide GUI keyboard?

Thanks,

Best regards,
Sebastian