Loving Phoscyon! Tiny feature request....

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Lixma

Loving Phoscyon! Tiny feature request....

Post by Lixma » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:03 pm

At the moment trying to reset the tuning knob (and the volume knob) back to centre position is a nightmare even while using CTRL; because of this I avoid using them like the plague. Perhaps a 'double click' feature to reset knobs for v1.9.1? (And make it a MIDI command, too, so it can be done with MIDI controller)

Also, how about 'virtual notches' on the tuning knob? Similar to those used on Oddity's tuning controls. I think Ohm Force calls it 'Intelligent Mouse' or something.

Lixma

Re: Loving Phoscyon! Tiny feature request....

Post by Lixma » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Oh, one last request (well, three :D )

1: A simplified distortion section (in addition to the regular distortion section). Just one knob controlling distortion amount.

1a: Presets for distortion section.

2: Different colour LEDs for different modes. RAND mode flashing LEDs are very annoying!

3: If there is a Phoscyon v2.0 please don't change the GUI too much...it's beautiful as it is!

:D

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:49 am

Hi,

We're aware that it can be difficult to reset some parameters, espeically if their neutral value aren't located in min or max. At some point we're going to make possible initializing individual controls / parameters.
Also, how about 'virtual notches' on the tuning knob? Similar to those used on Oddity's tuning controls. I think Ohm Force calls it 'Intelligent Mouse' or something.
Could you explain how it exactly works? Are the 'virutal notches' some sort of points in value range of a parameter, which control (knob or fader) is snapped to?
A simplified distortion section (in addition to the regular distortion section). Just one knob controlling distortion amount.
Should the knob control several parameters of the distortion (if so which ones do you propose?) or just preamp or threshold?
Presets for distortion section.
Will think about this :) may be good idea for v2
Different colour LEDs for different modes. RAND mode flashing LEDs are very annoying!
Maybe it is annoying, but it's good for color blindness or crappy screens :)
If there is a Phoscyon v2.0 please don't change the GUI too much...it's beautiful as it is!
The look / theme maybe not, but arrangement and approach to sequencing will have to be reworked.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Lixma

Post by Lixma » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:
Could you explain how it exactly works? Are the 'virutal notches' some sort of points in value range of a parameter, which control (knob or fader) is snapped to?
Yes; for instance the tuning slider will move smoothly until it reaches a 'notch' set at every 12 semitones up/down where it will pause. If you want to move it further just keeping pushing the mouse/controller and the slider will start travelling again. The Phoscyon would therefore have three 'notches'; one at 10 o'clock, one at 12 (center) and one at 2 o'clock.
A simplified distortion section (in addition to the regular distortion section). Just one knob controlling distortion amount.
Should the knob control several parameters of the distortion (if so which ones do you propose?) or just preamp or threshold?
It could, sure, but all I had in mind really was a 'quick and dirty mode'; nothing fancy, just a good, generic distortion effect to use without getting lost in parameters.
Different colour LEDs for different modes. RAND mode flashing LEDs are very annoying!
Maybe it is annoying, but it's good for color blindness or crappy screens :)
Of course, I wouldn't have thought of that!

Thanks for your reply.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:57 am

Ahoy,
Yes; for instance the tuning slider will move smoothly until it reaches a 'notch' set at every 12 semitones up/down where it will pause. If you want to move it further just keeping pushing the mouse/controller and the slider will start travelling again. The Phoscyon would therefore have three 'notches'; one at 10 o'clock, one at 12 (center) and one at 2 o'clock.
It could be done two other ways: 1) By splitting tune parameter into two separate parameters: Finetune - with range -1,+1 semitone, which would work in continuous manner, and the second one; Transpose - with range -12,+12 semitones, working stepwise. 2) Adding editable tooltips, where you could enter "+3.00" for transposing sequence by 3 semitones up, or "+3.50" for +3 transposition and additional finetunning by 50 cents up - Something like that.
It could, sure, but all I had in mind really was a 'quick and dirty mode'; nothing fancy, just a good, generic distortion effect to use without getting lost in parameters.
I guess THAT single knob could control threshold and preamp at the same time (for keeping loudness at the same level at whole range) - We'll surely take it into consideration.

Kind regards,
Sebastian