Putting pattern from phosycon to track in logic

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
ADHD303

Putting pattern from phosycon to track in logic

Post by ADHD303 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Hey, just wondering if you can help me... once ive made my own pattern in the d16 how do I then put it in my track?
Once I have my pattern made and then put it in host mode I then draw a single note on the track but it plays a pre set pattern, not the one ive made. Am I right in thinking you have to save your pattern in the d16 first and then draw the note? This is really frustrating hope someone can help!
Many thanks.

Sebastian@d16

Re: Putting pattern from phosycon to track in logic

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,

I'm sorry, but that's not possible under Logic using current version of Phoscyon. Phoscyon does have MIDI output, which can be used for exporting internally stored pattern onto a MIDI track, however this feature works only with VST variant of Phoscyon. Sadly Logic handles AU plug-ins and doesn't provide support for VSTs thus making impossible to take an advantage of that feature of Phoscyon. We do however, intend to implement drag'n'drop pattern export, where you will be able to simply drag pattern from internal sequencer onto MIDI track, without complicated procedures of routing MIDI signal. This is going to be included within Phoscyon 2.x upgrade, but at the moment i cannot give you any estimates about possible release date.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

ADHD303

Post by ADHD303 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:03 am

Ok thankyou for your help, so basically you cant make your own patterns in your track? You have to use presets?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:33 am

You absolutely can. You can prepare your own patterns using Phoscyon's internal sequencer + you can trigger those patterns using Host mode (check out manual for details).

Best regards,
Sebastian

ADHD303

Post by ADHD303 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Yes but in order to do that do I need to save my pattern as a preset first? Because when ive made my pattern then put it in host mode and draw a note it plays a completly different preset not the one I created.
Many thanks.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Not at all.
- You just need to insert Phoscyon into Logic,
- Then create drum patterns using internal sequencer
- Then after switching into Host mode you need to decide in which order patterns should be played along with your project by triggering patterns using notes on a MIDI track --- each pattern correspond to one particular MIDI note. LED-like display above the pattern name edit box shows the MIDI note a currently edited pattern corresponds to. If the edited pattern is same you want to trigger, you just need to put same note as shown in Phoscyon's display onto MIDI track (however the octave numbering can differ, in fact it's different in almost every host, some of them starts from 0 octave, some of them from 1 and there are even hosts that start numbering from -2).

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Little addendum, of course you're allowed to edit pattern while you're in Host mode, moreover pattern edit is permanent for Host mode.

Cheers,
Sebastian

ADHD303

Post by ADHD303 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Is this the same principal with the phosycon bassline? Thats what im using
Many thanks

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 am

Then create drum patterns using internal sequencer
My bad, i of course meant creating bass line patterns :) Sorry