Keytrack and export

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
teacue

Keytrack and export

Post by teacue » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:44 pm

1. Should the keytrack mode work also for Click, Tops and Tools?
On my system it does not have any effects on these three generators, it works only for the Kick.

2. In case it is the way it should work, could you consider to add this feature?
One can already manually tune Click, Tops and Tools.
It would be nice to tune them all together.
Also it would be nice to be able to have this as an option.
I mean a dedicated keytrack mode for each generator that can be activated or deactivated for each generator.

3. The velocity knob is working for all 4 generators.
But I notice on my system that activating the Velocity mode automatically activates the Kick.

4. The export feature is nice but it inserts silence at the beginning of the sample.
Must it be this way?

5. Again the export feature is nice but it is faster to render in Cubase for example!
Could you consider to export directly in the DAW?
And to be able to export in mono?

I am still evaluating PunchBOX and I must say I like it quite much though I also have Sonic Academy Kick2 which is very nice too.
To me they are different enough to consider having both.
But I must also say that I find the price of PunchBOX quite high, even with the offer for D16 users!
And as someone wrote on another forum, should you one day create several Plugin like PunchBOX for Hi Hat or Clap for example then it would become a very expensive collection!

Anyway thanks for your work

Best regards

Sebastian@d16

Re: Keytrack and export

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:44 am

Hi Teacue,
1. Should the keytrack mode work also for Click, Tops and Tools?
Yes. Pitch tracking works for Kick Body generator only intentionally.
2. In case it is the way it should work, could you consider to add this feature?
Certainly making possible to enable Pitch Tracking for remaining generators is interesting and we shall discuss it with whole team (eventuality of adding such feature and approach to the matter). Thank you for your suggestion.
3. The velocity knob is working for all 4 generators. But I notice on my system that activating the Velocity mode automatically activates the Kick.
This is intentional behavior. Action made in particular section (effect or generator) activates that section. But you're right, since Velocity parameter affects on all 4 generators it shouldn't activate Kick generator. Changing value of this particular parameter should enable Kick generator at all. Thank you for spotting this.
n
4. The export feature is nice but it inserts silence at the beginning of the sample. Must it be this way?
I confirmed this behavior, it may be a bug. Will check this out deeper.
5. Again the export feature is nice but it is faster to render in Cubase for example! Could you consider to export directly in the DAW?
It's there. Drag waveform in the export dialog onto your audio track in the project window.
And to be able to export in mono?
Worth of consideration. Thank you for suggestion and for your insightful remarks.
should you one day create several Plugin like PunchBOX for Hi Hat or Clap for example then it would become a very expensive collection!

haha, sounds like good marketing move ;P

Thank you for your post,

Kind regards,
Sebastian

teacue

Re: Keytrack and export

Post by teacue » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi Sebastian,

thanks a lot again for the detailed answers :)

Sebastian@d16 wrote: It's there. Drag waveform in the export dialog onto your audio track in the project window.

Oh, nice!
I just tried and indeed it is now faster than rendering in Cubase :)
haha, sounds like good marketing move ;P

Yes, sure :)
But if you do then please make it cheaper ;-)

I must say, I am very tempted to buy PunchBOX!
I am also quite curious to hear how it works with snare samples and I guess it could work quite well :)

Best regards