Parameters & mapping

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Berrabub

Parameters & mapping

Post by Berrabub » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi!
I´m back in my creative period, which means lots of tweakin on the Lushy :D . But in the middle of the tweaking I have discovered a creativity killer with Lushy!
Why is there not a Layer1 parameter mapping of the most commonly used knobs and sliders.. Or have I just missed it? Yes I know I can create my own, but it would be awesome if everything was just working after a total system reinstall\crash.

I´ve tried midi learn and last tweaked parameter, but it wont work unless the parameters are mapped.

I am using: FLStudio 12 (Tried 12.1 beta) with, Lush 1.1.3 64bit.

Sebastian@d16

Re: Parameters & mapping

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:12 am

Hi,

If you mean VST parameters automation then you have enabled them in LuSH itself first.

http://d16.pl/pub/manuals/LuSH-101-manual-gb.pdf

Page 90 - Describes how to do that
Page 92 - Section Assignment List Management - shows how to save that map to a file
Page 92 - Section Default Parameters map - explains how to make a earlier prepared and save parameter map a default one loaded every time new instance of LuSH is created.

In your case you should enable for automation the parameters you use the most frequently, save to a file (as a map) and store on save location (accessible after system re-install).

Hope it clears everything up :)

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Berrabub

Post by Berrabub » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:56 pm

Well that's what I meant and I know how to make one. Just think its odd that there's no default template(s) that might save some time.

But anyways! Keep up the good work :D

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi,

There's one in the latest Sigmund version and of course we can prepare for LuSH-101 too, however it's hard to imagine one's needs and it's difficult to decide which 128 parameters of few thousands should be picked for default map :) That's the whole point of making the parameters automatable; 128 it's safe number working with all plug-in formats and SDK versions for plug-ins' specifications.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Syver

Post by Syver » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Hello,

Any chance of seeing Lush 101 NKS-ready one day for use with NI's Komplete Kontrol and/or Maschine controllers ?

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:56 am

Hi,

We'll consider to do that in the future. Right now we've been focused pretty much on doing 2.x upgrades. Thank you for suggestion.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Syver

Post by Syver » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:14 am

Sebastian,

Thanks for you reply. That would be great.

Allmost as good as having a D-16-made hardware controller for Lush-101 ... ;-)

usrfobiwan

Post by usrfobiwan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi,

It is possible to make templates for the D16 instruments. There is a topic on NI about mapping and templates and a few clever users have already converted a dozen of vst's with the NKS mapping since it is using a JSON string in the NKFS which you can script a database way to convert.

However the NKS templates are not backward compatible with you previous presets. So it will only work with new projects.
The other annoying thing, you need to map every single preset of the instrument as there is no 'global' mapping option.
With the D16 Drums or effects it is not that difficult, but with the 1600+ presets of Lush it is a pain to convert, not to mention all the controller possibilities of lush per preset.
Mascletas: "The most accurate simulation of thunder, humans can simulate..."

Syver

Post by Syver » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:36 pm

usrfobiwan wrote:Hi,

It is possible to make templates for the D16 instruments. There is a topic on NI about mapping and templates and a few clever users have already converted a dozen of vst's with the NKS mapping since it is using a JSON string in the NKFS which you can script a database way to convert.

However the NKS templates are not backward compatible with you previous presets. So it will only work with new projects.
The other annoying thing, you need to map every single preset of the instrument as there is no 'global' mapping option.
With the D16 Drums or effects it is not that difficult, but with the 1600+ presets of Lush it is a pain to convert, not to mention all the controller possibilities of lush per preset.
It has been done for other synths with as many presets and it would surely boost sales of Lush-101 to Maschine/KK owners

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi,

We do hope to receive SDK soon, then we will see how much effort would it require to adapt existing products to be compatible with NKS (if there'll be any changes required to be made within the plug-in itself and if the changes won't affect compatibility, so we could include them being as one of the updates). We'd like the LuSH-101 to benefit of all the NKS features (including Light Guide from the Kontrol S Keyboards - that would be something for LuSH's key zones). We can be definitely certain after we receive SDK.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:25 am

I just got A Push, and i'm trying to configure LuSH to work with it, but it won't work the same as any other plug in does when you configure for Push. Has anyone had any success in getting these two to work?
SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . JP-08 . TT-303 . Bass Station . Eurorack Modular . Push

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:09 am

NM, i figured it out.
SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . JP-08 . TT-303 . Bass Station . Eurorack Modular . Push

moscom

Post by moscom » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:51 am

Hey,

still on this topic, I am currently developping Max for Live devices that allow me to control all my plugins using Ableton Push. I noticed that a few LuSH parameters (filter mode(normal, SH), number of voices,...) do not appear as editable parameters. Do you plan to update LuSH and give access to all of its parameters? I know that this sometimes sound stupid, but I would love to polish my controller interface and have access from Push to all of the parameters that I want.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Moscom

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:34 am

Hi,

We just didn't consider the parameters you're mentioning good for automation (can cause some sound artifacts when their values are changed). On the other hand I guess it could be useful for having access to more parameters for editing purposes - so we could extend the list of parameters for maybe MIDI learn capability instead VST / AU automation. What do you think?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

moscom

Post by moscom » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:02 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,

We just didn't consider the parameters you're mentioning good for automation (can cause some sound artifacts when their values are changed). On the other hand I guess it could be useful for having access to more parameters for editing purposes - so we could extend the list of parameters for maybe MIDI learn capability instead VST / AU automation. What do you think?

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Thanks for the suggestion!
In my case, I would prefer that they become parameters. MIDI learn is cool, but I do not want to work with this, and Max For Live makes it very easy to work with parameters. Besides, from an automaton point of view, that a parameter is MIDI-learnt or an actual parameter accessible to the DAW is the same in terms of possible glitches, no? Or maybe I missed something in your suggestion? I must say that I am quite a newbie when it comes to these parameters. I just want to avoid MIDI-Learn and work with the parameter map.

Thanks!

Moscom