Nithonat betas and RCs

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
CosmicD

Nithonat betas and RCs

Post by CosmicD » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:10 am

Hello,

So far so good for testing that the internal sequencer does actually work, sounds are (still) nice and I get my way around writing presets.

Now I'd like to be able to create a few patterns in the sequencer. I can program it allright but I think i must be missing something cause i can't seem to be able to make a new pattern.

if i click "patten write" button i can alter the existing pattern, but if I click next to the pattern display it says 1-02 but it remains the same pattern so it seems. Even when I click "next" all to 2-01 , I cant seem to start writing it cause it would just overwrite the one i'm hearing.

So doesnt it work iet yet or am I forgetting to do something ?

tx
http://www.cosmicdreamer.be

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:57 am

Hi,
if i click "patten write" button i can alter the existing pattern, but if I click next to the pattern display it says 1-02 but it remains the same pattern so it seems. Even when I click "next" all to 2-01 , I cant seem to start writing it cause it would just overwrite the one i'm hearing.
Idea of sequncer is the most close to the Nepheton. Next and Prev buttons are used for changing pattern for editing (and those buttons work only in PATT.WRITE mode). To play the different pattern You need to turn off PATT.WRITE and use step buttons to select other one.

Best regards,
Sebastian

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Yep, but i'm confused, even if i select in pattern write mode, and it reads 1.02 , the first one still plays .

So because I have no second pattern , I can't switch between the 2 when not in pattern write mode, but if I have the mode on: it doesnt select the new pattern to write and you hear the first one..

Hope this ain't too confusing , I guess i'm missing something here..

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi,

Turn off Pattern write mode, and then use step buttons at the bottom to select pattern - step buttons are used to select which pattern is supposed to be playing - at the moment choosing pattern to play via midi doesn't work.

Best regards,
Sebastian

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:19 pm

ahh, lol ok my bad. I actually never use these internal sequencers so wasnt use to it but seems kind of fun making paterns like this :)

CosmicD

Post by CosmicD » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Found a "save on existing preset file" bug:

I tried saving a present (with a higher tuned snare and longer dacay). When I load the preset, only the decay is recalled but the tuning doesnt match the preset.

If I manually adjust the tuning in the preset file (from 0.288 to 0.688 for example) the tuning is correct.

Nothing seems to be saved when you save it on an existing preset file. If I save it in a new file it loads correctly.

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:26 am

when I switch off int. sync., nithonat doesn't sync up to ableton's tempo - it just stays at it's own internal tempo (live 8)

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:35 am

Hi,
CosmicD wrote:Found a "save on existing preset file" bug:

I tried saving a present (with a higher tuned snare and longer dacay). When I load the preset, only the decay is recalled but the tuning doesnt match the preset.

If I manually adjust the tuning in the preset file (from 0.288 to 0.688 for example) the tuning is correct.

Nothing seems to be saved when you save it on an existing preset file. If I save it in a new file it loads correctly.
What host do You use? I need to confirm this issue. Did You use the "Save preset" option in Nithonat?

Default behavior is that You need to STORE the preset before saving it(CTRL+Browse button).

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:40 am

Hi,
globalgoon wrote:when I switch off int. sync., nithonat doesn't sync up to ableton's tempo - it just stays at it's own internal tempo (live 8)
What version exactly? I checked it with 8.0.3 and seems to be fine (In Native mode).

Nithonat doesn't sync with host application when Host mode is active - that's known issue and we're going to fix it asap.

Best regards,
Sebastian

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,
globalgoon wrote:when I switch off int. sync., nithonat doesn't sync up to ableton's tempo - it just stays at it's own internal tempo (live 8)
What version exactly? I checked it with 8.0.3 and seems to be fine (In Native mode).

Nithonat doesn't sync with host application when Host mode is active - that's known issue and we're going to fix it asap.

Best regards,
Sebastian
ah OK, yes I was in host mode.

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:00 pm

In live 8.03, nithonat's knobs don't record into the arrangement unless I use the 'confgure' button to add plug-in parameters. all other vstis I have will record any parameter without having to use the configure button.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi,

There's new version of Nithonat downloadable from User Area (add-ons tab) - Release candidate 1.

Following minor issues were fixed since previous beta version:
- Start/Stop led does not light
- Bugs during play the pattern chain (Native mode)
- Internal Synchronization doesn't work in Host Mode
- Shift "<" ">" buttons combined with CTRL key do not shift the pattern
- Problem with restarting Shuffle cycle during switching the pattern.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:48 am

Hi,
globalgoon wrote:In live 8.03, nithonat's knobs don't record into the arrangement unless I use the 'confgure' button to add plug-in parameters. all other vstis I have will record any parameter without having to use the configure button.

Yet another Release Candidate (RC2) has been released - available in User Area (add-ons section) for everyone who own Nithonat. This version, among the others, fixes this bug. However, this is partially Live's problem and we're going to contact them and notify about that.

Known issues in RC2:
- Outputs' numbering (VST version)
- Outputs' mode - stereo only

As soon as those issues be fixed, offical 1.0.0 version be released.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Puranon

Post by Puranon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:11 pm

We should still be able to use the Start/Stop button under VST Host mode.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:52 am

Hi,
Puranon wrote:We should still be able to use the Start/Stop button under VST Host mode.
Host mode is dedicated to create arrangement using internal sequencer. Patterns are triggered via midi notes coming from host application. That's why we made two play modes; native (used to make a patterns using Nithonat standalone inserted in host), host mode (to create drum line arrangement). Since those modes share common pattern storage I can't see the point. Could You give an example when it would be useful.

However we can make native mode sensible to midi notes too.

Best regards,
Sebastian