A suggestion

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Keef Baker

A suggestion

Post by Keef Baker » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi!

Been loving the decimort since I got it. There's something about the sound of it that no other bitcrusher has come close to.

However, I do have a suggestion.

It would be nice to have a pan button on both lines. So you could either do an automated pan on two differently configured layer or simply mesh the two together in the same space to create new sounds.

Please note, this is not a criticism it's a suggestion on a way to make a superb product even better.

V1dM4573r

Post by V1dM4573r » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:59 pm

I guess you can achieve the same thing inside most professional DAWs by routing your audio along two different audio buses where each bus has its own Decimort. Then pan and mix and automate as necessary. If I understood you correctly.

Of course, providing such panning options inside the plugin itself would encourage users to do this, and the method would no longer be something reserved for creative souls with too much time on their hands. :)

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:29 am

Hi,

It'd require twice as much CPU power as single Decimort requires (in a case of stereo track - You'd need to process left and right channel separately, twice), I'm not sure if Decimort users can handle it ;).

@V1dM4573r: good point.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Keef Baker

Post by Keef Baker » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Ok, that's a good enough reason why not :)

And yes, the routing will work for me.