Ableton Push Programming Pad Velocity Suggestions?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
mylkoa

Ableton Push Programming Pad Velocity Suggestions?

Post by mylkoa » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:31 pm

Hello,

I'm new to Nepheton, and loving it. Total ear candy.

Just wondering if any Push users out there have suggestions for how they approach programming beats with Neph. My hurdle right now is that the step sequencer has a default velocity of 100 and the accent button creates a note with 127. I'm wondering what might be an easy way so to have the default velocities be 48 when I engage a pad and the accent be 96 (in accordance with Nepheton's velocity values for accented and non-accented notes)?

At the moment, I have to manually change the velocity of non-accented notes by holding down the pad and turning the nob to 48 - and I'm wondeirng if there's a faster way? How are you all handling it?

Cheers,
Andy

mylkoa

Re: Ableton Push Programming Pad Velocity Suggestions?

Post by mylkoa » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:21 pm

So I found a solution to my problem.

Here's a repost from something I put on the Ableton forum about it:

Okay... so I found a nice, simple solution.

Use the Ableton stock velocity device. With the following settings:
Operation: both
Mode: Clip
Drive: -1.0
Comp: 1.0
Random: 0
Out Hi: 99
Out Low: 38
Range: 127
Lowest 1

Insert that Velocity device in the signal chain before the Neph, and now you can step sequence with Push using the default 100 (non-accented) and 127 (accent button) values and it will spit 48 and 96 to the Neph.

This is the first time I've ever used the velocity MIDI effect, so if there are better settings, then please let us know. Cheers.

Sebastian@d16

Re: Ableton Push Programming Pad Velocity Suggestions?

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:46 am

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know you've managed to resolve the problem and for sharing the solution with other users of this forum. I'm glad you managed to set the velocity threshold in your controller, because it's not possible (in current versions of all Drum Machines) to change sensitivity (velocity level above which an accented sounds would be activated). We'll add this feature in future versions of our Drum Machines.

All the best,
Sebastian