Midi control: Mutes/Solos/Step Input

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
Battery Acid

Midi control: Mutes/Solos/Step Input

Post by Battery Acid » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:28 am

Hey there,

Is it possible to control Mutes & Solos with midi input ? be it key notes or cc numbers ?
If not, I think it would be a really useful feature...

Also, what about midi control for step input ? I don't mean something like the tap button (you can record live input with that, right?)
I mean programming each step with a specific midi note for each step. This would be a much more intuitive & faster way of inputting step data in my opinion. without a midi device, you could perhaps also use these keys from the keyboard:
Q-W-E-R-T-Y-U-I ( top 8 )
A-S-D-F-G-H-J-K ( middle 8 )

To use nepheton as a sequencer, these features are really a must IMO!

what do you think ?

thanks for reading

Sebastian@d16

Re: Midi control: Mutes/Solos/Step Input

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:12 am

Hi,
Is it possible to control Mutes & Solos with midi input ? be it key notes or cc numbers ?
If not, I think it would be a really useful feature...
It's possible via host automation, mutes and solos for all instruments are visible as VST or AU parameters for host application. Unfortunately Nepheton's midi learn doesn't work for those controls, you need to use host's functionality to map midi cc or midi notes to plug-ins parameters.
Also, what about midi control for step input ? I don't mean something like the tap button (you can record live input with that, right?)
I mean programming each step with a specific midi note for each step. This would be a much more intuitive & faster way of inputting step data in my opinion. without a midi device, you could perhaps also use these keys from the keyboard:
Yes. Many users were asking for that feature and it's planned for 2.x upgrades. I mean assigning step buttons to keyboard, midi messages etc.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Battery Acid

Post by Battery Acid » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:27 am

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Unfortunately Nepheton's midi learn doesn't work for those controls, you need to use host's functionality to map midi cc or midi notes to plug-ins parameters.

ahh ok, that explains it... I'll check out host automation later, thanks.

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Yes. Many users were asking for that feature and it's planned for 2.x upgrades. I mean assigning step buttons to keyboard, midi messages etc.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Great, I look forward to it!

LiquidProj3ct

Post by LiquidProj3ct » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:
Yes. Many users were asking for that feature and it's planned for 2.x upgrades. I mean assigning step buttons to keyboard, midi messages etc.
I will be a real pleasure program any drumbox with this, and a great innovation :D