Drumazon Timing issue

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions

Drumazon Timing issue

Postby Phase47 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:57 am

Hey. I've got an instance of Drumazon running in Logic (latest version) and if I've got a looped section running in the arrange page, Drumazon will often skip a beat (approximately) and lose time. Any hint to get this to not happen? Other drum machines (Microtonic, etc.) will keep time fine during a cycle.
Phase47

Re: Drumazon Timing issue

Postby Sebastian@d16 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:43 am

Hi,

Few details about your computer setup would be extremely useful, so please tell me:
- What version of Mac OS X do you use?
- What version of Logic do you use?
- Do you run Logic in 32bit or 64bit mode?

Also what mode the Drumazon you run in, is it Host or Native mode?

Make sure the Int.Sync switch in Seq.Settings section is disabled -- it's turned on by default.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian@d16

Postby Phase47 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Sebastian@d16 wrote:Hi,

Few details about your computer setup would be extremely useful, so please tell me:
- What version of Mac OS X do you use?
- What version of Logic do you use?
- Do you run Logic in 32bit or 64bit mode?

Also what mode the Drumazon you run in, is it Host or Native mode?

Make sure the Int.Sync switch in Seq.Settings section is disabled -- it's turned on by default.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian. Logic and OSX are latest versions, so 9.1.8 and 10.8.2 respectively. I'm operating Logic in 64 bit. On Drumazon, I mostly use it with Int. Sync OFF, but the Int. Sequencer ON. If I set Logic to cycle, say, 8 or 16 bars, Drumazon will sometimes lose timing at the top of the cycle point - not everytime however, it's seemingly intermittent. Hope that helps.
Phase47

Postby Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 am

Hi,

Thank you for the details, i'm going to check if i'll be able to reproduce this issue on our Macs and let you know later on today.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian@d16

Postby Sebastian@d16 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi,

I was able to do some tests on exactly the same configuration as you do have, and during entire test session (almost hour) this issue appeared only once (Drumazon lost one step during play making whole sequence being played one step earlier), but after it appeared i couldn't reproduce it anymore, but it is surely a problem with synchronization procedure, which is implemented within current versions of all our drum machines. The better version of it is a part of LuSH-101's arpeggiator and within next update of all drum machines we're going to put this improved sync. procedure into drum machines as well. For the time being i can advise you to use the other method of synchronizing Drumazon with host project, go to "Options" panel -> "Sequencer" tab, and in "Host play detection" radio group select "By lowest C note". If you do so, you need to create MIDI clip between the Cycle locators on a Drumazon's instrument track, and draw in this MIDI clip a single C-2 note (lowest C possible) along clip's entire length. This note will tell the Drumazon when to start to play instead of transport change MIDI codes sent by Logic. OR.. you can switch to Host mode and trigger patterns using MIDI notes.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian@d16

Postby Phase47 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Thanks for the workarounds, Sebastian. Yeah - the problem is intermittent, sometimes it doesn't happen at all, sometimes five or six times in a row - seems random, but glad there is a fix incoming. Any time frame on the update? Really loving LuSH by the way - it is incredible.
Phase47

Postby Sebastian@d16 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 pm

You're welcome. I'm sorry, but at the moment i'm unable to specify the time frame in which the Drumazon update will be released.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian@d16

Return to DRUMAZON