Template for BCR2000

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions

Template for BCR2000

Postby sin night » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi, I want to share my template for Drumazon (1.5.1RC) + BCR2000, just in case someone finds it useful.

You can find it on my webpage: link
sin night

Re: Template for BCR2000

Postby Sebastian@d16 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:46 am

Hi,

Cool, i'd love to add that to an "Add-ons" tab at User Area for Drumazon's licensees, can i ? :)

Best regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian@d16

Postby sin night » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 am

Of course! :)
sin night

Postby Sebastian@d16 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 am

Done :) and thank you :D
Sebastian@d16

Postby ptrzoo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:37 pm

sin night wrote:Hi, I want to share my template for Drumazon (1.5.1RC) + BCR2000, just in case someone finds it useful.

You can find it on my webpage: link

Hi sin night,
I tried since two days to load your files to my bcr with sysex lybrarian. I figure it out to send them, the leds on the controller are lighting but what I have to do to fix the preset?
I've read the bcr user manual many times and I only found this passage :
"To receive a SysEx dump, you don't have to change any setting on your equipment. If you send a single preset to the b-control (bcr2000), the data are written to a temporary memory; to be stored permanently, the data had to be stored on a storage slot of your choice (preset store function)."
........ok but HOW? They didn't describe this process!!!!Where is this temporary memory?How can I have access to it?
Please help me cause I'm going crazy!!
I'm sure it's easy to do but I'm a beginner, I need to be pushed in the right direction :)
Thank you for sharing!!!
Peace
Ableton Live 8 Suite , BCR2000, BCF2000, M-AUDIO profire610 axiom 25, Korg elektribe sx, Korg poly800 II, Roland MC303, Roland SPD20, Motu MIDI express XT, KOMPLETE 7, Korg Legacy
ptrzoo

Postby sin night » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi ptrzoo,

if I remember correctly, after sending the sysex of a single preset, you have to use the preset saving function of the bcr2000 (as you would do with any preset you made directly on the unit).

Press the store button, select the preset numer you want to write to (use the preset buttons), press the store button again to confirm writing (or exit to cancel). I hope this is the correct procedure because it's quite a bit of time since the last time I did this.

Let me know if it works, otherwise I'll try it by myself and I'll report if there are differences with what I just wrote in this post.
sin night

Postby ptrzoo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:34 pm

sin night wrote:Hi ptrzoo,

if I remember correctly, after sending the sysex of a single preset, you have to use the preset saving function of the bcr2000 (as you would do with any preset you made directly on the unit).

Press the store button, select the preset numer you want to write to (use the preset buttons), press the store button again to confirm writing (or exit to cancel). I hope this is the correct procedure because it's quite a bit of time since the last time I did this.

Let me know if it works, otherwise I'll try it by myself and I'll report if there are differences with what I just wrote in this post.

Hi sin night,
I've tried again but nothing is changed. The procedure you've described is right and is exactly the same that I already did, many times.
I really don't know!
I forgot to say before, the bcr is in S-4 mode, I've tried in U-1 mode also but it was worst than in S-4.
I noticed another thing, my SysEx Librarian recognize my bcr as bcf in U-1 mode. I also have a bcf and I use it in U-1 mode as Mackie Control but it was not connected when I sent the files to the bcr.
Anyway I'm pretty sure that the SyEex messages works also via MIDI cables, but the story is always the same: it seems like the files going thru the bcr and doesn't stay in it.
The MIDI IN and OUT B led on the bcr lighting when I send the files.
Maybe have I to reset completely the bcr and than start from the beginning all the default preset?
Or have I to change some option in the Edit Global menu?
I hope you'll can figure me out from this trouble.
Many thanx again

ptrzoo
Ableton Live 8 Suite , BCR2000, BCF2000, M-AUDIO profire610 axiom 25, Korg elektribe sx, Korg poly800 II, Roland MC303, Roland SPD20, Motu MIDI express XT, KOMPLETE 7, Korg Legacy
ptrzoo

Postby sin night » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:49 am

Does the lcd of the bcr show a sort of "progress animation" (a sort of "rotation of the segments", I don't know how to describe it) while it's receiving?

Sysex Librarian works fine through midi cables (my bcr is connected that way rather than through usb)... I think there must be something we're missing that's causing the problem; in the evening I'll give a look at my bcr settings (and to those of Sysex Librarian, too) and hopefully I'll made a list of things to check.
The fact that your bcr is recognized as a bcf in usb mode makes me think of some settings I think I saw in the manual (unit id), I think I'll give a look at that too.

Now I have to go to sleep (it's almost 1 AM here and I have to go to work in the morning); I'll be again on this issue in the evening.
sin night

Postby ptrzoo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:10 pm

sin night wrote:Does the lcd of the bcr show a sort of "progress animation" (a sort of "rotation of the segments", I don't know how to describe it) while it's receiving?

Sysex Librarian works fine through midi cables (my bcr is connected that way rather than through usb)... I think there must be something we're missing that's causing the problem; in the evening I'll give a look at my bcr settings (and to those of Sysex Librarian, too) and hopefully I'll made a list of things to check.
The fact that your bcr is recognized as a bcf in usb mode makes me think of some settings I think I saw in the manual (unit id), I think I'll give a look at that too.

Now I have to go to sleep (it's almost 1 AM here and I have to go to work in the morning); I'll be again on this issue in the evening.

Yeah, no problem, you are doing a lot!!
I know what you mean about the display.
I missed this one too,there is no light's movement like when you send SysEx Dump from the bcr, the answer is NO, it does nothing. It keep the preset number like P-1 or P- whatever.
Thank you again sin night.
:)
ptrzoo
ptrzoo

Postby ptrzoo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:26 pm

sin night wrote:Does the lcd of the bcr show a sort of "progress animation" (a sort of "rotation of the segments", I don't know how to describe it) while it's receiving?

Hey sin night,
you was right about the Unit ID.
It has the number 2. Now the SysEx files are stored but the file "Drumazon BCR2000 midi assignements.drccmap" doesn't coincide with the commands.
Only the BD level is right, the same thing happen with another sysex preset for Korg MS20 I've downloaded from another site, but in this case there is no MIDI cc map to upload on the AU instrument.
Maybe is better completely reset the bcr and re-start from the beginning, cause it is by second hand.
What suggest you?
Many thanks again and again :)
ptrzoo

Postby sin night » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:05 pm

I think that the best thing is to try to identify where the source of the problem by breaking down the midi flow into steps.

I would check what the computer receives from the bcr2000 (you can use an utility like Midi Monitor www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor); if everything is ok (the monitor shows the messages you expect to be sent), I would start Logic and check if there's something strange happening (maybe check the environment; there's a monitor object there too, so it's possible to verify what actually enters - or is processed by - Logic); if the results of Midi Monitor are wrong, then it's likely there's something else to check on the bcr.
sin night

Postby ptrzoo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:58 pm

sin night wrote:I think that the best thing is to try to identify where the source of the problem by breaking down the midi flow into steps.

I would check what the computer receives from the bcr2000 (you can use an utility like Midi Monitor http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor); if everything is ok (the monitor shows the messages you expect to be sent), I would start Logic and check if there's something strange happening (maybe check the environment; there's a monitor object there too, so it's possible to verify what actually enters - or is processed by - Logic); if the results of Midi Monitor are wrong, then it's likely there's something else to check on the bcr.

Ok sin night,
I don't want to be more stressful for you, I will make some tests and I will let you know!!!
You was very helpful !!!
Thank you very much again and again :)

ptrzoo
ptrzoo

Postby ptrzoo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:28 pm

ptrzoo wrote:
sin night wrote:I think that the best thing is to try to identify where the source of the problem by breaking down the midi flow into steps.

I would check what the computer receives from the bcr2000 (you can use an utility like Midi Monitor http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor); if everything is ok (the monitor shows the messages you expect to be sent), I would start Logic and check if there's something strange happening (maybe check the environment; there's a monitor object there too, so it's possible to verify what actually enters - or is processed by - Logic); if the results of Midi Monitor are wrong, then it's likely there's something else to check on the bcr.

Ok sin night,
I don't want to be more stressful for you, I will make some tests and I will let you know!!!
You was very helpful !!!
Thank you very much again and again :)

ptrzoo

just to let you know now:
I tried to change the channel of the preset because with the MS20 preset works, but with the drumazon doesn't.
I though, maybe there are some conflicts with the bcf in Mackie mode, because it work on the channel 1, and that was.
I already use MIDImonitor and the bcr works fine, but now, after change the channel from 1 to 10, all the knobs moving the BD level :D crazy!!
and MIDImonitor show exactly the different numbers from each knob, like they are.
I really don't know. :?:
I have another question for you because I though to mapping the drumazon by my self with MIDI LEARN OPTION, every knob is assignable but not the MUTE and SOLO buttons,
could you tell me why? is this happened to you too?
Thanks

ptrzoo
ptrzoo

Postby sin night » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:25 pm

I can't figure out what's happening, I never tried using a bcr with a bcf.

By the way, having a bcf in Mackie mode shouldn't be an issue, unless the bcf is mapped as a control surface (I think you mapped that way, if you're using it in Mackie Mode) and it still sends its messages to the sequencer input of Logic (it depends on how you set up your environment; when I was on Logic I used the single inputs I wanted to use - for example those with my keyboards - instead of the sum, otherwise there would have been conflicts with those things I configured as control surfaces in the preferences).
Anyway, there could be other variables like the way you have connected your devices (I don't know if your bcr and bcf are connected directly and separately to your pc or if they are connected between each other in some way, I know from the manual the second scenario is possible, but I never had the chance to try it)... :|

About the mute and solo buttons: I don't recall having problems at mapping them, but that two years ago so my memory may fail; if there was any problem, probably it wasn't worth to me to remember it (aka: it was not a huge problem). The picture I included with the sysex show a number for those buttons too, so I actually managed to map them, but if I did something else than using the midi learn function.
To be honest, I didn't use much this bcr preset (I had almost a full break from making music a few days after making that preset - I found a job that absorbed me way too much - when I quit it after a few months and I slowly came back to music making, I was more interested to tightening up my setup and I almost didn't use my bcr for months and months - and I'm still not using it much now - so I forgot about that mapping untill I received the reply notification from this topic)...

Anyway, using the Midi Learn function should allow you to map the mute and solo buttons. :|
sin night

Postby ptrzoo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:09 pm

sin night wrote:I can't figure out what's happening, I never tried using a bcr with a bcf.

By the way, having a bcf in Mackie mode shouldn't be an issue, unless the bcf is mapped as a control surface (I think you mapped that way, if you're using it in Mackie Mode) and it still sends its messages to the sequencer input of Logic (it depends on how you set up your environment; when I was on Logic I used the single inputs I wanted to use - for example those with my keyboards - instead of the sum, otherwise there would have been conflicts with those things I configured as control surfaces in the preferences).
Anyway, there could be other variables like the way you have connected your devices (I don't know if your bcr and bcf are connected directly and separately to your pc or if they are connected between each other in some way, I know from the manual the second scenario is possible, but I never had the chance to try it)... :|

About the mute and solo buttons: I don't recall having problems at mapping them, but that two years ago so my memory may fail; if there was any problem, probably it wasn't worth to me to remember it (aka: it was not a huge problem). The picture I included with the sysex show a number for those buttons too, so I actually managed to map them, but if I did something else than using the midi learn function.
To be honest, I didn't use much this bcr preset (I had almost a full break from making music a few days after making that preset - I found a job that absorbed me way too much - when I quit it after a few months and I slowly came back to music making, I was more interested to tightening up my setup and I almost didn't use my bcr for months and months - and I'm still not using it much now - so I forgot about that mapping untill I received the reply notification from this topic)...

Anyway, using the Midi Learn function should allow you to map the mute and solo buttons. :|

Hi sin night,
thank you very much for your help, you did a lot for me and I'll try everything to make my bcr working.
I don't really know why the MIDI learn function doesn't recognize the MUTE and SOLO buttons, maybe I'll post this in another page, to see if someone else has the same problem.
Thank you again.
Have a nice day :)

ptrzoo
ptrzoo

Return to DRUMAZON