hat crash ride sample sounds to harsh

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions

hat crash ride sample sounds to harsh

Postby mojses » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:58 am

from the hats to the crash and ride this sound to harsh compare to the original my example is having clean detail 909 samples from my NI Battery4 kit is were i compare the sound ..yea i did play with a tr-909 back in the late90s ... hope they can work on this and the rest of the sounds and the 808 606
mojses

Re: hat crash ride sample sounds to harsh

Postby Sebastian@d16 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:43 am

Hi,

Hats samples in Drumazon are genuine, raw (original format) and unprocessed extracted the way described here:
http://www.colinfraser.com/tr909/909cyms.htm

Also method of replying in Drumazon also reflects the way 909 behaves in that matter.

And I can't tell how Battery's 909 samples were acquired.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian@d16

Postby mojses » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:06 am

ok got thanks ...i just match the eq of the battery4 tr909 samplems using ozone6 and you rite it sound the same i guest it was just some simple eq matching....anyhow thanks you for always replying and for the great product you guys make
mojses

Postby mojses » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:29 pm

I made a comparison on the wav files from the link you provide and i notice that the open hat on the Drumazon cut way out from the original file matching the same pitch ...are you guys working on the Drumazon and all other drum machine or the project is dead?
mojses

Postby Sebastian@d16 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:17 am

Hi,

There can be difference between the samples extracted from ROM and those reproduced by D/A in TR909 because the D/A implementation in Roland's classic is nothing like today's converters, it's just voltage divider, which produces lots of distortion. So do the Drumazon in which we tried to emulate this behavior of the 909.

Don't worry. Drumazon isn't dead, we need time to get to it. RIght now we're in the process of updating our most current software line and releasing v2 upgrades for our older effects. When we're done with them, we'll give some love to our CLassic Boxes, supposedly starting with our oldest creation: Phoscyon.

Thank you for your patience,

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian@d16

Postby mojses » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:29 am

Good to know now im much happy cant wait ...peace
mojses

Return to DRUMAZON